Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Be Prepared

Are you ready for this? The Goldman fat cats are stocking up on handguns so as to be better prepared when the proletariat rises in revolt. I almost wrote righteous revolt. Which would certainly be true. So the criminals of Wall Street are arming themselves against the coming revenge. Has their monstrous greed and disdain for the Great Unwashed finally begun to extract a cost? Of course not. These people still obscenely rich and getting richer. And they are just as ready to shoot somebody as they are to steal his money.

4 comments:

Montag said...

Somewhere behind my back this AM I heard a cable-guy or gal say something like "...we have to protect Capitalism..." or something very close to it.

I feel no onbligation to an abstract economic theory which is loaded against me.
The USA is not synonymous with Capitalism; it is synonymous with Freedom.

Unknown said...

I think the US is long outgrown its being synonymous with Freedom. Maybe it used to be, and maybe it still is for the uninformed, but for the rest of us? Nothing could be more inaccurate.

Montag said...

Which is exactly why we're back in the late 1930's to deal with the basic Inequality that was never resolved...

Unknown said...

And what do you think the odds are that we're going to do that? I am not sanguine.