Sunday, December 27, 2009

Quote(s) of the Day

"I think there's kind of a desperate hope built into poetry now that one really wants, hopelessly, to save the world. One is trying to say everything that can be said for the things that one loves while there's still time."                  --W. S. Merwin
"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is the day -to-day living that wears you out."
                                       --Anton Chekov
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."                               --Voltaire

Somebody stop me! Did not I tell you all at one time how much I loved quotations? If I haven't, I should have. I love the way a great artist can encapsulate life in such delicious little bon-bons.

All these guys are right. W. S. Merwin has twice won the Pulitzer for his poetry. Chekov and Voltaire need no introduction. Geniuses all.

No comments: