Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Have to Share . . .

When I run across bands--is this a band?--like Ghostland Observatory, I feel compelled to share it with you. I saw these cats for the second time last week on Austin City Limits--it was an encore performance, that is Austin City Limits repeats for the summertime. In my continuing campaign to keep you all abreast of the new music I've discovered, or I should say discovered and liked, for there are discoveries that I make that I don't like, and you never hear about these, herewith a taste of Ghostland Observatory. Anyway, I feel this need for you all to be exposed to this duo, if for no other reason than their surpassing weirdness. And with all that . . . I like the music. But the visual is required. See if you don't agree. Let me know what you think. By the bye, Aaron Behrens, the front man you'll see with the strange voice and the many moves, also plays guitar, but he doesn't on any of the videos here. Check with YouTube for others.





The Austin City Limits performance of their song "Sad, Sad City" can't be embedded. But you can find it here. It's cool too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you liked them on ACL, you will love them live!!!

Unknown said...

I've already got a bunch of their tunes in my iPod. Apparently the crowd in all the videos I've seen loved these guys, so I'm sure you're right.