Saturday, March 31, 2012

Choo Choos Plus

Just one of a hundred RR logos 




Finding sites like this one, from which the UP logo was extracted is yet another reminder of what a miracle the Internet can be. I have to confess to being an unabashed information junkie. It seems like I find way too many things interesting. I get to poking around on the Net, and before you know it, a couple hours are gone and all I have to show for it is . . . . what? A history of totally random trail of web sites that for one reason or another caught my interest. Seriously. I get fascinated by all kinds of things. This particular site caught my eye because it had to do with trains, which I have loved ever since I was a little bitty kid in Vicksburg, Mississippi, and my mom used to take me down to the train yard there with all those wonderful, noisy, smoky black steam engines, like this one >>>



Trains are one of my earliest memories. . . . but I digress. I found the site by accident and got hung up in looking at all the different railroad logos. I remember lots of them from when railroads were a going concern in this country, including passenger rail. Which was before Amtrak, of course.

And then I started poking around the site and I run into things like this:


I mean, how cool is this? These are book covers for a mystery series. It turns out I stumbled upon the website of Christian Annyas, who is a web designer and graphic artist. I love these happy accidents.

No comments: