Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh, Boy!

Really. It takes so little to please me sometimes. Tonight after several weeks working on it, my dear sister Mary Isabelle sent me my thoroughly reworked Access database of the books in my home library--which surrounds me on three sides as I type, by the way. My sis is just a positive wizard at computer stuff like this database work. And she's so dogged about stamping out all the problems, even little ones. This thing works great. I'm just tickled plumb to death as my mom's Mississippi family was wont to say.

This database is in the latest version of Access. I should mention right away that it does not contain the entire library yet. Not hardly. It's a work in progress. I have to enter the books and publication information into the database. Nearly 800 in there now, and I've got a long way to go. But I get crazy over this kind of organization project. So getting all my books into this DB will join other long term projects such as compiling information on all the 1-0 games played in major league baseball since 1901, another of my long-term projects that will mean pretty much nothing to anybody but me when it's done. Just like the library cataloging.

No comments: