Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I'm Back

I'm of mixed mind on travel. I enjoy going to new places (or old places again) and seeing old friends. This was the case of this trip that took me to Chicago for the past few days. A grad school bud and his lovely wife put me up (and put up with me) the entire time I was there. But have you ever gone someplace and been really unprepared? That was the case here. It was frigging cold in Chicago, and of course I didn't bring any cold weather clothes with me from sunny Oklahoma. Temp was in the low 40s with wind of varying speeds for most of the time I was there. This is lower than the average. Wiped out ball games for me in both Wrigley and Cellular Park. The day we were supposed to go to Wrigley, it was also raining, raining hard enough that the ball game was canceled after the seventh inning.

And you all have heard me grouse about airlines and airports. It pains me to report that the experience of both has not improved. And, I'm gonna have to take two more plane trips within the next few weeks. A family thing in Denver and a Civil War history thing in Louisiana. Anyway, I actually missed the blog while I was on the road. So I'm back, but alas, I doubt if I'm any wiser than when I left.

No comments: