Monday, May 30, 2011

Home Again

. . . for only a few days and then I'm on the damn planes again, this time to Louisiana. There I'll see both my family and Susan's family. Was certainly glad to get home. Only thing marring the return was that some huge piece of black plastic that goes behind the wheel well in my car just decided to come loose. I thought the damn tire was shredding, but no, that was this thing, whatever it is called, flapping against the side of the car! Needless to relate, I was a little perturbed about having to deal with this on my way home. Much easier than fixing a flat, which is what I thought I was going to have to do. I just ripped the thing loose and threw it in the trunk. If I know anything about these matters, here's what I predict:
  1. The car cannot do without this thing, whatever it is
  2. It will cost $400 to fix it
And a virulent pox upon all car repairs. I hate them. Doesn't everybody? 

2 comments:

Montag said...

They are a true science and art. How much time and effort spent in finding just the right repair facility: one which is just chastened by the economy to not wish to gouge you too much, and one where someone actually knows (1) how to diagnose, and (2) how to repair!

I always visit my local guy and chat in Arabic and have coffee every two weeks or so, just to stay on the good side of him.

Unknown said...

I have often said that having to leave your various service providers, chief of which is your car repair guy, not your doctor or dentist, is the greatest sacrifice one makes to relocate. An honest car repair guy is worth his weight in motor oil.