|It's gonna be a kick-ass moon tonight. A gift from Heaven at Christmas time.|
Perfectly timed, as you would expect.
Being a crazed historian, I got to thinking what was going on in the world in 1638, the last time this happened. So for your edification, a partial list:
- Dutch settle in Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- Welsh Puritan Roger Williams banished from Massachusetts Bay Colony; establishes Providence, RI, and proclaims complete religious freedom
- Tea appeared for the first time in Paris
- Manchus proclaims the Ch'ing Dynasty at Mukden
- Harvard College founded in Cambridge, MA
- Rembrandt: "Portrait of an 83-year-old Woman"//Van Dyck: "Charles I on Horseback"//Velazquez: "Prince Baltasar Carlos as a Hunter"
|Portrait of an 83-year-old Woman|
|Charles I on Horseback|
|Prince Baltasar Carlos as a Hunter|