Saturday, December 25, 2010

The American Way

According to this story, some of my favorite people, the TSA gestapo, pushed a 56-year old rape victim who refused to subject herself to the so-called "enhanced pat down" procedures in the Austin, TX airport, was arrested. Pushed to the ground and handcuffed and then dragged across the floor in full view of many people. I am telling you, readers, that all these are symptoms of a much worse repression yet to come. The ACLU has received over 900 complaints about the lately revised security procedures. This lady, a person who understandably had a great deal of problem allowing someone, anyone, grope her breasts. And, mind you, this lady is not a sworn enemy of the TSA.
"Now, I don't want this to be about bad TSA agents," she wrote in an email to GladRag's blog.
"They were doing their job, they were as delicate as they could be, etc., etc. But what ultimately happened is that I was subjected to search so invasive that I was left crying and dealing with memories that I thought had been dealt with years ago of prior sexual assaults."
Apparently, her panty liner was offensive to the irradiation machine, which necessitated the pat-down. Are you kidding me? Has it come to this? We are truly a benighted people.  

No comments: