Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Today Was a Good Day

Wanna know why? Susan, my dear wife, and I went downtown today where some kindly volunteers who prepare tax returns for seniors and had our taxes done. For the first time in I don't know how many years, my regular tax lady in Valrico, Florida, didn't figure our taxes. But it was inevitable we would outgrow her. Well, not outgrow. Kinda downgrow, actually. Fact is, for the first time again in I don't know how many years, we didn't itemize the return last year. We didn't have to this year either, and I doubt we ever will again. Simple fact of the matter is we don't make as much money as we used to. Never will again. Which is absolutely fine with us. By standards of what people consider lots of money, we were never even close to that when we were both working. And now we we're not working and have a lot less. And all is good.

Anyway, the bottom line, as they say, is we are getting a tidy little sum back this year. We don't owe either the Fed or the state of Oklahoma a dime. They owe us, to the tune of almost $1,400. So for a change I would like to celebrate a good news day. God knows, we have enough of the other kind.

No comments: