Friday, February 17, 2012

Surely You Jest

Well, you betcha. I have to report that Infinite Jest, the magnum opus of the late lamented David Foster Wallace is simply terrific. I'm well into it now. Approaching page 200 (which still leaves a long, long way to go), but I have to tell you, I've laughed out loud several times. Several. A couple of times, I found it difficult to stifle the laughter. The Boston terrier, unused to such behavior from me, gets up in my face and licks. I guess she thinks something's the matter with me.

A quick check with my daughter, who's reading, and with a nephew cousin who has read the book, confirm that this is indeed a book that invokes belly laughter. It's apparent that the book is going to be a hell of a lot of fun. I've decided that it is going to remain ridiculous the rest of the way. Oh boy! And I'm in total awe of this guy's creativity and talent. Amazing.

2 comments:

Montag said...

I am going to get it as soon as I may.

Unknown said...

This guy's talent will blow you away.