Monday, January 9, 2012

I Keep Saying . . .

. . . that nothing more that happens can surprise me. I keep saying it, and I keep being wrong. Catching up on a string of recorded "Colbert Report" shows, I encountered one that highlighted this story. I'm telling you, friends, this is a dangerously psychotic country we live in. The show was one obviously some days before Christmas. Colbert reported that the Scottsdale (AZ) Gun Club was offering the following "Get Your Holiday Picture With Santa And His Machine Guns!"  A picture is worth a thousand words, so here are two. Under the happy family, note the flyer advertising this good deal. This site has more pictures if these don't make you sick enough.

Does this madness, this abomination, require any further comment? We are a doomed people. (If I didn't already have a great title for this blog, "We Are a Doomed People" would do nicely. Straight-forwardly true.)

. . . and baby makes three. Peace on Earth!

No, I'm not making this up.  

No comments: