Friday, January 27, 2012

The Great Art Form

You cannot grow in the great art form, the integration of action and contemplation, without 
1) a strong tolerance for ambiguity; 
2) an ability to allow, forgive, and contain a certain degree of anxiety; and 
3) a willingness to not know and not even need to know. 
This is how you allow and encounter mystery. All else is mere religion.
I'm OK with #1. I'm shaky on the other two. I am greatly drawn the kind of Christian spirituality that Richard Rohr expounds. He wants us all to practice great art, and he teaches us how. I refuse to believe that the Holy is beyond. No, it is in all things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't depart your site prior to suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the standard info an individual provide in your guests? Is going to be back frequently to check up on new posts
CardioChek Total Cholesterol Test Strips, 25ct

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice words. You're welcome back any time. I should warn you that I'm not always this ethereal. :-)