Tuesday, October 4, 2011

One Sentence

I had all the best intentions of blogging about the "Occupy Wall Street" movement(?)--is it a movement? What is it? . . . Anyway, to show how easily distracted I am, I just now ran across this website and feel compelled to share it with you. I'm thinking something like this will really appeal to my daughter, who loves postsecret.com. This site that I stumbled across is similar. It's called One Sentence. The subtitle tells all: "True Stories, Told in One Sentence." Now, who can resist that? Well, maybe some people can, but I can't. I naturally got hung up reading them. These sentences are a lot like M&M's. If you eat them one at a time, you'll have eaten five or six dozen before you know it. Of course, they run the gamut, from funny to bizarre to heart-wrenching and all over the rest of the emotional map.

So I thought you might like some samples:
  • When I asked her why he was out of her league her only response was, "Because I know he won't beat me."
  • I just walked in on my mom and neighbor smoking pot and felt so uncool.
  • The Soup Kitchen that I volunteered at as a teenager is now my only source of 3 meals a day.
  • I have freezer burn on my chest and under my boobs because I reasoned that a popsicle held up in my bra would be a great personal air conditioner.
  • My wedding cost $6700 and my divorce cost $16425, both were worth it.
  • As I cried in front of the cash register at CVS, a woman pitied me for having my college health insurance expire the day before and paid the $200 fee for my medication, saying "Christmas came early this year."
  • I asked my 93 year old Grandmother, who I adore, what she thought life was all about and she replied, "I don't think about those type of things." -- one of my favorites
  • I called my dad from my dorm to bitch about my dvd player not working only to be told that my home was on fire
  • "I wrote a poem for you," he said, then proceeded to read "Ode to your cleavage."
And so forth. Great stuff, and yet another way to waste time I could be much better spending on something productive.

I will "Occupy Wall Street" tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Military pilot who had sex with an 11 year old boy when he was 17!!!
A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD SEX WITH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT!!! He needs to be on a sexual preditor list.
And how long did he masterbate and think about having sex with boys? In boot camp? Into his flight training?
In addition he is aroused by she-males.

Unknown said...

I have no idea what you're talking about.