The source of the chart above can be found here.
I have not commented on the ongoing melodrama in Washington, because whole thing makes me crazy. I have nothing but loathing for the Republican hypocrites who have manufactured this crisis for their own narrow political ends. Apparently they don't care what damage they inflict on the country in the process. As usual, every time they open their mouths they lie and distort the facts. Here's just off the top of my head are some of the continual lies they are telling the American people.
- that they give a damn about the working and middle class families in this country
- that they speak for "the American people"
- that the deficit is something they had nothing to do with
- that millionaires and billionaires are by definition "job creators" (we all saw how that worked during the Bush administration)
- that anything remotely resembling a "solution" to this crisis cannot contain new tax revenues