Monday, October 18, 2010

Post #700 -- GO RANGERS!!

I cannot believe that I've actually posted 700 times to this blog. It doesn't feel like that. What is does feel lis is as if I've been gone a year without posting to Powderfinger, whereas it's only been about two-and-a-half weeks. At this point all I can report is what's on my mind . . . and that's my Rangers and the fact they are a game up in the ALCS (American League Championship Series) after crushing the hated Yankees tonight 8-0. They now lead the best of seven series, 2 games to 1, and that one they should not have lost. My boys must get two more wins before they earn the right to go to their first World Series ever. But I do firmly believe that this is the year and the Rangers are a team of destiny. I am so excited, I almost can't stand it. Which makes me wonder once again what it is about a sports team that so captures the affections and grabs the emotions of people. When it comes to the Rangers, I have to confess, I'm a little bit loco.

Check this out. The game is still going on. The Rangers will score another run to make it 8-0. But Yankee Stadium is well-nigh EMPTY! All those lovable Yankee fans have left. How sweet it is.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great year it would be if the Rangers go to and win the World Series, to top off the Saints SuperBowl win in Feb!
Go Rangers!!!!
Mare

Unknown said...

Well, after today, it looks like we're going to have to put the damn Yankees away in Texas. I really wanted to watch the Rangers celebrating going to the World Series in Yankee Stadium, but it was not in the cards today.

I dare not think of the Rangers actually winning the World Series. That and the Saints in one year. Well, we'd have to declare it a year of miracles.

Go Rangers!!