Monday, October 25, 2010

Guest Appearance

Remember this guy? Well, I'm done with the article on him, but now I'm up to my eyeballs in reading ten other articles on various Confederate generals that are going in the same book. I have to have them all done within the next few days.  (Did I mention I'm co-editing this upcoming book?) Which explains why I have not yet resumed my every-day-without-fail blog entry. When I miss posting, I feel like it's a guest appearance the next time I show up.

I think I've mentioned before that when I miss a day, it's not without a tinge of guilt. Don't ask me why this should be. I used to carry guilt around like a huge sack of rocks on my back. It took me years to realize what a corrosive emotion it can be. I'm glad I'm done with it for the most part. A little guilt every once in a while is not a bad thing; a lot of guilt all the time is a really bad thing.

No comments: