Friday, November 28, 2008

Yuk!

If you are one of my half-dozen or so regular readers, you know my sport is baseball. I take little note of football in these posts, because really there's only one kind of football for me: LSU football, of which I'm passionate. (If pressed I might own up to being a mild fan of SEC football generally.) But that's basically it. I don't follow any pro teams. Close as I get to that is maybe a playoff game or two and the Super Bowl. I've just finished watching LSU lose in the last few seconds a game to an Arkansas team which is just terrible. So LSU finishes regular season 7-5, and they give up over 50 points to a team twice this season. Worst season I can remember in a long time, and a real letdown after the national championship last year. And largely the reason I've not noticed the Tigers much this season here. I hope the season has been bad enough that we don't have to play any more games this season, i.e., don't get a bowl bid anywhere. An embarrassing loss to some nobody school in some non-descript Toilet Bowl game somewhere is not anything I want to witness.

Attendance note: I will not be calling the roll for the next few days. I'm going to be out of town at a funeral and off the computer for a few days. I'll be back on Tuesday, next week, and that's when you'll probably hear from me again.
Post a Comment