Friday, November 28, 2008

Yuk!

If you are one of my half-dozen or so regular readers, you know my sport is baseball. I take little note of football in these posts, because really there's only one kind of football for me: LSU football, of which I'm passionate. (If pressed I might own up to being a mild fan of SEC football generally.) But that's basically it. I don't follow any pro teams. Close as I get to that is maybe a playoff game or two and the Super Bowl. I've just finished watching LSU lose in the last few seconds a game to an Arkansas team which is just terrible. So LSU finishes regular season 7-5, and they give up over 50 points to a team twice this season. Worst season I can remember in a long time, and a real letdown after the national championship last year. And largely the reason I've not noticed the Tigers much this season here. I hope the season has been bad enough that we don't have to play any more games this season, i.e., don't get a bowl bid anywhere. An embarrassing loss to some nobody school in some non-descript Toilet Bowl game somewhere is not anything I want to witness.

Attendance note: I will not be calling the roll for the next few days. I'm going to be out of town at a funeral and off the computer for a few days. I'll be back on Tuesday, next week, and that's when you'll probably hear from me again.

2 comments:

StuD said...

I would attribute the beginning of the end of your 08 team to your loss served by the mighty Gators in the Swamp. Going in to the game, you had one of the best SEC defenses and led the SEC in rushing. The team earned, and deservingly, the rank of 4th in the country. How the mighty have fallen. With the talent there, Les Miles deserves a public flogging.

Unknown said...

I could not agree with you more. The Baton Rouge people are outraged with the waste of talent. Miles set up a double-headed defensive coordinator scheme. Two promotees from within the current staff. I understand that everybody connected with LSU defense has been or will be fired.

BTW, I hope the Gators crush Alabama and Nick Saben.