Tuesday, June 24, 2014

If You Need Any Reminder

Here's a snippet today from one of my never-miss blogs, "Some Assembly Required." This guy is a cynic after my own heart, and he's perfected the pithy entry as I only wish I could.

Anyway this is just in case you needed any reminder that we live in a country that is absolutely insane. And what's more, I firmly believe that most of the populace is proud of it.

Math Class: This fall, Missouri schools will be staffed with teachers who, at $17,500 a pop, have received firearms training at a gun range that promises that in an emergency the teachers will only gun down students 10% of the time. Or maybe they meant that the teachers would only gun down 10% of the students.
The story mentioned that the insurance companies in the state refuse to sell insurance to the schools where teachers are armed. Gee, I wonder why?

No comments: