Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Newsroom

Susan and I are hooked on an HBO TV series that our son Stu turned us on to. "The Newsroom" starring Jeff Daniels, Sam Watterson, and Emily Mortimer, among others. (Information on cast here.) We've burned through six of the ten first (and only)-season episodes in a couple of days. It's about the team of people who put out a nightly newscast. This is a product of the same guy, Aaron Sorkin, who created "The West Wing." Susan liked that better than I, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it, too.

Is the show flawless . . . oh, no. It's got quite a few. See the "how to fix" article cited below. But it's entertaining--zippy dialog, good looking women, and idealism (pretty good qualities for me) and a great fantasy for me to imagine a news show that really was dedicated to reporting the news truthfully. What a concept.

Here's a taste.



No comments: