Friday, September 14, 2012

"Country Home" - Neil Young and Crazy Horse

So I'm riding in the car with my daughter today, and she has the nerve to dis a copy of Neil Young and Crazy Horse's latest CD, "Americana," a free copy of which she had just received from me. Intolerable!

So feeling real  proud of Neil, my number one guy since . . . oh, about 1968, I present herewith a video of him and Crazy Horse playing at the Farm Aid Concert in 1986. Neil is one of the founders of Farm Aid along with Willie Nelson and John Mellencamp, I think. (Information about Farm Aid here.)

The tune is "Country Home."


2 comments:

Montag said...

I was reading about the Native Am Crazy Horse this morning...

Is Ron Schott, the geologist, related to you?

Unknown said...

Hello, Paul. Was wondering where you had wandered off to. Perhaps still decompressing from the dreadful spectacle of the conventions.

No, I don't think we are related to Ron Schott. The Schott line I'm part of originated in New Orleans via Renchen, Germany. And it was a line of wurst-making krauts.