Saturday, June 30, 2012

Love of My Life

Tonight Susan and I are driving down to Stark Restaurant in Pauls Valley OK to eat what we hope will be a fine dinner in celebration of our 45 years of marriage. Our anniversary is actually tomorrow, but we're celebrating tonight. Celebrating a love that has so deepened and rooted over the years that neither of us can contemplate life without the other. Being married to someone this long entwines you to them, like something the trunk of a tree will just encircle to itself over the years. Susan is so much a part of who I am and who I have become for loving her and being loved by her that it's utterly impossible for me to think of myself as separate from her. As I've said many times, everything good about me is in some way because of her. She is the love of my life, a phrase I wish were not so tired, but one which says all that needs to be said.

3 comments:

karen lindsey said...

i do wish i'd checked this earlier....i can't keep up with stuff lately.....but this is so lovely and sweet. so belated congratulations on your anniversary, and on the blessing on your life that it represents. how wonderful!

Unknown said...

Karen, it's perfectly okay you don't keep up. Who does? But I sincerely appreciate the line words and I'll pass them on to my love.

Unknown said...

Er . . . That would be KIND words. Sorry.