Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'll Have One of Those . . . and One of Those


My daughter recently had an entry in her blog which he entitled "Things I hate" – one of which was something like constantly gettting hung up with things on the Internet. I have to confess that I have that exact same weakness, and I also hate it. The picture above is an example the kind of thing I'm talking about. I ran across it at a site that somehow connected to Wikipedia – I know there's a bunch of those – that at one time or another I ran into and just recently ran into again.

What is it, you say? Well, it's a marketplace in the city of Praia, which is the capital of Cape Verde.* I don't know, but this picture strikes me as utterly fascinating. What of those root-like things in the center? And aren't you curious about what the lady on the right is buying? How much to those bags of beans cost? And what kind of beans are they?

By the way, I'm going to steal my daughter's idea and blog about things I hate. She also had one about things she loved. I was steal that idea too. Thank you, Tanya!

*I had to look it up . . . it's in the Atlantic, due west of Mauritania and Senegal.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

You're welcome. =)