Saturday, September 5, 2009

For Me, A Metaphor



What kind of twisted person would do this? I really have to stop with this question unanswered because I'm afraid my response would be vehement and unprintable. But I suspect your own response will take care of that.  Do you get the feeling, as I do, that this sort of behavior characterizes thousands of people in your area of the country? It does mine. The first thing I thought when I saw this was isn't this just a perfect symbol for America? Or for what we've become? Not only dismissive of the helpless among us, but actively cruel to them. Somebody meant to kill this innocent animal just because. For no reason whatever other than bloodlust whim. Is this a great country or what?

Thank goodness for the guardian angel who was watching over this little guy. He's going to be OK. But I hope the person who did this has the top of his head chewed off by a bobcat.

No comments: