Monday, April 6, 2009

Yeah!

I cannot let the evening pass without noticing that my Texas Rangers won the season opener this afternoon down in Arlington, Texas. And they won it handily, beating Cleveland Indians by a score of 9-1. That actually is better than handily. That's a drubbing. If you're not a baseball fan, you can't really appreciate what a win on opening day means. Although it's not at all true, everybody interprets a win on opening day as portent for a winning season. So it feels much better than a loss, which is a foreboding of a losing season. Best part of the story today is the pitching. Starter Millwood only gave up 5 hits and 1 earned run in seven innings. That's good!

I always feel better about everything when baseball is in season. If only just by a little.

2 comments:

StuD said...

I want to say I heard that it was our first win on opening day in five years.

Unknown said...

That is correct. And two wins in a row has not happened since 2000. Whoopee!