Thursday, December 1, 2011

Housekeeping

Some of you might have noticed that the blog has a kinda new look. No drastic changes. But the rearrangement of elements at the top and their placement over a new thematic photograph . . . well, I'm happy with it. Somehow, it seems to better represent what this blog is all about. At the same time as I did these changes, I removed all the names of individuals from the labels of my posts. Impossible, really, to decide who was mentioned enough to deserve a label beyond the obvious ones. But people will still be eminently findable. The Google search of the blog is instantaneous and accurate. You can still find "Rush Limbaugh" or "Barry Bonds" or "Tom Coburn" or "Benedict XVI" (or "pope," for that matter) just by siking Google on 'em. Plus there are lots of people, such as Michelle Bachman, who are now just as findable as Barrack Obama or George Bush (also found under "vile little pretender").

And the change certainly makes the label list more useful and attractive. At least I think so.

2 comments:

Montag said...

I agree. I am trying to do the same thing. The "search" makes the lengthy label list otiose.

Interesting pix of fog. Does living in OK lead to a desire to see morning moistures?

Unknown said...

I actually would have preferred to find a good picture of a foggy urban landscape (I could not relocate the one I used before). And it took some doing to find a suitable one that was the right size. Blogger is kinda persnickety about that. If there is anything I'd improve it would be that: easier manipulation of the template and constituent parts.