Monday, January 25, 2010

Hey, Faithful Followers and Readers

I've been quiet of late because my two sons were visiting from Florida. Doesn't mean I have not thought of you. Later this evening I'm uploading the Windows 7 operating system to my computer, so I'm offline for the duration. My sister tells me this is a fairly painless procedure, but I've never had to wipe a hard drive clean before and I'm scared to death. With luck I'll be back up and running in a few hours. I'm probably going to take timeout for news and some TV, so I'll be at this late into the night. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

Montag said...

Wow! I would have thought you would have bought a whole new computer and accessories for the Windows 7.

I get the impression that the bug-free life span of a good computer is 2 years. This is followed by 2 to 3 years of general goofiness and abrupt attempts at mutiny. Then the new computer.

Unknown said...

Actually this computer is only a little over a year old. I've had good fortune with them over the years. I used to replace them about every couple of years. Lately I've been holding on for 4 or 5. What happened here is I had a pre-release copy of Windows 7--a great OS, by the way--on my computer. It was going to turn into a suicide bomber sometime in March, so had to be replaced. The process went very smoothly. Reloading stuff is a time-consuming and not very fun task. That's what I'm up to now.