I just thought you might be interested in costs these days. These are all euro countries, and as of today, a dollar buys .68 euros, or another way, $1.42 buys one euro. Who knows what it'll cost later on. (I've already told Susan that if the dollar really tanks against the euro, trip is off.) Here's the rough guesstimate of various costs we talked about today.
- air fare, US to Europe & return == $1000 each
- air fare, Ireland to continent == $200-300 each
- lodging (hotels, b&b) == $125/day
- 10-day train pass (for the continent) == $600-800 each
- food == $100/day
- car + gas (Ireland) == $250/wk + $4.78 per gallon
All of this is, shall we say . . . daunting.