Sunday, October 4, 2009

Capitalism

It's certainly not a love story between me and capitalism, so I will probably approve of Michael Moore's new movie, Capitalism--A Love Story. Right here, you can read a favorable review of the movie. Even with warts, the movie's heart is in the right place. I'm waiting to see if any theater in Oklahoma is gutsy enough to show this movie. If one is, it's practically a lead-pipe cinch that it's not the kind of movie your average Oklahoma bubba is going to go to. But I'll be going. Seating shouldn't be a problem.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Yeah...I'm not real crazy about his guerrilla tactics, as they're pretty much over-the-top and make me cringe. Some people have called him the liberal's Rush, but at least he can back up his rants with a brain.

Unknown said...

Hell, his tactics are polite compared to what the idiots on the right are doing. People who call him the liberals' Rush are dignifying Limbaugh by including him in the same sentence as Michael Moore.

Montag said...

Films take time to make, and are very complex structures from inception to the final product.
That's the difference between Rush and Michael.

Whether you like a film or not, it has definite indications of intelligence behind it.

The structure of Rush's opinions is more like the spray that comes off the proverbial fan into which the proverbial "salami" was fed.

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to take my wife to see the movie tomorrow. I doubt that it will be in our neighborhood more than about a week. Reviews I've seen have been mostly favorable.