- : that some magical combination of liberties, and made the US new, unique, better, and outside the normal rules. [Number one. As well it should be.]
- That now or ever, there was a mass public in foreign countries praying for intervention.
- That the in the US is better than in .
- That cars are as good or better than Japanese cars like and .
- That women from the US need to worry more about their safety in Europe.
- A large fraction of Americans believe that humans have only been on Earth for about 6000 years, and that is false.
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
We Deluded Americans
What are some of the most interesting or shocking things Americans believe about themselves or their country? An intriguing question, don't you think? It was to me too when I ran across it at this site. How would you answer it? Well, I discovered that I would respond pretty much the way thoughtful people who answered the question did. I've just pasted responses from various people in verbatim and commented where I felt moved to. As you will see, the quality of the observations vary, but they all have this in common. They are true.