Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pat Robertson is a Quack

Pat Robertson--ah, the guy who gives any real Christian the creeps. The wacko who's made a career of making himself abundantly ridiculous. The amazing thing is this charlatan has over the past 40 years or so gotten millions of people to send him their hard earned money. So his flagship "700 Club" has survived and thrived and given Robinson a platform to proclaim his truly bizarre ideas of what Christianity is all about. He's always predicting disasters, and he's not been right yet. And he's just getting loonier as time goes on.

To wit: Recently the Reverend Robinson has declared that if gay marriage is legalized it will lead to the legalization of people having sex with ducks.

The response below is perfect.

2 comments:

Montag said...

Blast! If I read you aright, you implied that Merganser unions ( marriage with ducks ) are not legal?!

Well, they bloody well are in Michigan! There are scores of young men who have 2 families, their human one and their Merganser one. The latter family results from adolescent indiscretions out by the old swimming hole, and the moralistic notion that one must "do right" by the duck, scoter, loon,eider, sawbill, or hooded merganser that one has "had carnal knowledge" of.

There. I myself could be a good Pat Robertson surrogate: reality hinders my imagination not one iota!

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can bring myself to make the much more crude statement about this subject, that tired old saying involving carnal knowledge of a duck. I'm sure it wouldn't test your imagination any to know what I'm thinking.

The Louisiana approach was considerably colder than the Michigan one you describe. An ill-used and abused duck was still candidate for the oven. Doing right by the bird was eating it after having one's way with it. It appears you were brought up in a more civilized society.

I'm pretty sure this practice was not legal, but it was one of those statutes that just got winked at.