Sunday, August 6, 2017

Oh No! Not Again!

Oh, yes, reader, I'm afraid so. It's been about two years since I last posted anything here. I really have no good excuse to explain the silence other than my utterly destructive tendency to obsess about something or other. And in the case of Powderfinger, it was the pressure I put on myself to write all the time, not miss a day. The blog became more of a chore than a pleasure when it became yet another "must do" in my life. (So two years further along, I'm a little wiser. I'm not going to do that to myself again. Which means I'll post here whenever I please. Just trust that my few faithful followers will once again join me.)

In the meantime, of course, the dying empire has continued to do so. Since I was last here the masses of the country (modified of course by the electoral college) have seen fit to install so imbecilic a president at the head of our affairs that he makes my old friend "W" look like a genius. Rest assured I will have plenty to say on this subject in future posts.

At the moment, I have to go vacuum the rugs and make a bed. My old and close friend from grad school, George Rable and his wife Kay are going to spend the day and night with us tomorrow and things have to be tidy. I'll be seeing y'all again soon.

No comments: